5th May 2023
Dark Matter Technologies at MPTS 2023 with Facilis Technology:
New Server Models, AI and Adobe Integrations on show
Facilis will announce new asset management features, showing alongside their successful Smart Access Rules for creative workflows. The company will be demonstrating these new offerings at Media Production & Technology Show (stand G20, Olympia London, 10th-11th May).
LONDON, 5th May 2023: Broadcast, post, film and TV technology supplier Dark Matter Technologies (DMT) has announced that it will appear at MPTS 2023 on the stand of its client, Facilis Technology (Stand G20). DMT represent Facilis for sales in the EMEA region.
Facilis, a leading international supplier of cost-effective, high performance shared storage solutions for collaborative media production networks, will announce new asset management features, shown alongside their successful Smart Access Rules for creative workflows. The company will be demonstrating these new offerings at Media Production & Technology Show (Stand G20, Olympia London, 10th-11th May).
“We’re happy to be attending MPTS demonstrating our recent advancements in the Facilis Shared File System software, new hardware and new asset management innovations in FastTracker.”
“Again, we show that Facilis is continuing to respond to our customers’ requests for advanced workflow features, within the field-tested and feature-rich HUB architecture.”
Jim McKenna, CMO, Facilis
Facilis HUB has many new hardware and software enhancements that include:
- New Facilis Flashpoint 48S server – This high-performance 48 bay 4U SSD Flash based server can deliver over 10GB/sec (10,000MB/sec) of aggregate throughput to creative workstations to power the most demanding media workflows.
- Support for 64Gb Fibre Channel – Facilis has added support for the new ATTO Celerity™ 64Gb Gen 7 PCIe 4.0 Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) enabling extreme performance for attached workstations to address the growing need for real-time 8K video editing.
- New, higher capacity storage options - With the latest 22TB Enterprise drives, Facilis offers over a half a Petabyte in a 4U enclosure.
- SMB Utility share - This feature will offer users an easy configuration for accessing Facilis virtual file systems over SMB securely for administrative tasks such as backup and archive.
- Facilis Object Cloud – Support for Seagate Lyve Cloud and AWS/Azure archive tiers; Real time “Active Files” progress display; New LTO Delivery mode for data transport via tape.
- Facilis FastTracker – Facilis will show version 3.8 which offers many new features including Auto-tagging with AI Object Recognition, Adobe Captions import of transcription data, file ingest workflow from client workstations, and metadata-based cataloguing and proxy generation.
- Facilis WANLink Remote Access Client – Facilis will show the latest version of their revolutionary remote workflow feature based on the Facilis Shared File System. Facilis WANLink Client provides a secure, remote link to Facilis storage through the same Facilis Console software used in the facility. WANLink Client can provide secure storage access without latency and complexity of VPN and is available at no additional cost.
- Smart Access Rules – HUB version 8.2.4 builds upon earlier versions with new enhancements. Facilis Smart Access Rules are a graphical interface that allows administrators to add custom policies to volume resources, to provide or deny access for users or groups. Specific paths, folders and file names can be assigned access rules based on user and group. Different than traditional access control lists, this enables:
- Access rules on specific file types to protect critical assets
- Create-only feature secures data after written to general ingest locations
- No-delete options while maintaining project saves and overwrites
- Full auditing of file system activity down to the user account and workstation IP address
Facilis will be on stand G20 with their EMEA Representative Dark Matter Technologies Ltd
“Facilis is a strong partner bringing new advancements in the Media & Digital Content Creation space. This is our second year with Facilis at MPTS, and we look forward to showing current and new customers the new technology from Facilis.”
Holly Rowsell, Managing Director, Dark Matter Technologies.
About Facilis Technology
Founded in 2003, Massachusetts-based Facilis Technology, Inc. designs and builds premium, turnkey shared storage solutions for collaborative media production across all content creation workflows. Their production-proven solutions are designed for use by the craft editor, facility engineer, and owner-operator alike. Flexible, scalable, and compatible with industry-standard creative solutions, Facilis’ products blend seamlessly into any network environment. For more information please visit https://www.facilis.com/
About Dark Matter Technologies
DMT was established 2011 to represent and support overseas suppliers of professional products to the Broadcast, Post, Film and AV markets. With a combined industry experience of 70yrs, DMT has a wealth of knowledge of the industry enabling them to advise and help grow the suppliers business.